VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Could our forum benefit from a Bitching section?

• yes it could

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • no it could not

Votes: 19 46.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another forum that i am a registered member of has a Bitching section for exactly what is says,this section is for +18's only and works really well keeping all the nasty stuff from the mainstream forum sections.
Maybe after all that's occured latley this could be a possibility for our forum where certain restraints are lifted just for this section so everyone who feels the need to have a rant can do!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
good Idea........

chuck up a poll see what the community thinks........

PS saw you at chivvy this morning van was looking sweeetA:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
surly if would only encourage negativity :(
EEEEERRRRRRRRR so everyone should agree with every :* thing that people in authority say? :eek:

This is a top idea - a steam letting off exercise - like the off button on yer telly - if you don't want to watch switch it off! - if you're not interested don't click!

Life is full of variations and I'm more variant than most :D

Let's all get drunk and go negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and lay in a graet big pile :D

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
EEEEERRRRRRRRR so everyone should agree with every :* thing that people in authority say? :eek:

This is a top idea - a steam letting off exercise - like the off button on yer telly - if you don't want to watch switch it off! - if you're not interested don't click!

Life is full of variations and I'm more variant than most :D

Let's all get drunk and go negative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....and lay in a graet big pile :D
I'm sorry i'm just not in on this idea, nothing wrong with freedom of speech, it's just it needs to be used with respect and caution, and a section on a forum would only encourage people to bitch and moan and the respect and caution of ones right to use freedom of speech will be abused unfortunately :(

When people let of steam, unfortunately we type with out rational thinking and easily type things we don't mean or something that can be taken the wrong way, and we don't need any more of that :(

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just out of interest how many under 18s are on this site? Do we really think that under 18s will be on a VW van forum. Doubtful unless it's embedded in Facebook LOL:

If people are going to be nasty on a form they let them show their true colours and that will allow every on the forum to avoid them if they are truly out of order.. ohh just imagin if every post you put up no one replys I:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
No – I have said this time and time again, this is a “Family” Forum. This is what makes the T4 Forum different from the rest.

There will not be an over 18’s section for the very reason all this recent trouble has generated.

Someone posts something in jest as a light hearted joke, someone else having a bad day, reads it as aggressive Result – Everyone else joins in and things get out of control.

I really can’t say this any simpler, if you can not make posts with out swearing or the need to run someone down, there are dozens of other Forums that are fine with it all, so please take it elsewhere.

This subject is properly done !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.