VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one. I'm after a set of black drl headlights and maybe with the led indicator?!?!
I've got a chrome set on at the mo but with the custom paint job coming on they just won't look right!!!
Also is there any out there which are compatable to run with Xeon conversion?!?! :*

Cheers ajay *<:)>

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Did someone mention black drl headlightsI:

Have to admit I like the black inserts so much more than the chrome ones:D

Be careful going HID route as from next year you will need auto headlight leveling adjusters and headlight washers to make them an mot pass. Apart from that theres nothing stopping you using them they will work fine.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know what you mean mate but as mine stands at the mo it's got a fair bit of chrome on it so was a good idea at the time! Lol. But the new paint job won't cut it!!! Need black!!!
And for the xeons, whats that about mot's?!?! I: and they run hotter than normal bulbs so they melt the insides?!?! :*

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I don't think there is any problem with the heat of the bulb, pretty sure your main problem will be mot. I believe the warning not to use HID is because they will not be legal. They require the headlights have auto leveling adjusters and headlight washers from next year if you don't have these with your xenon upgrade you will fail the mot

I have upgraded the H1 bulbs in mine to a brighter 5000k colour temp. You can get 100w 8500k H1 bulbs that will look like xenons but they won't be e-marked.

·
Super Moderator
5,216 Posts
Ah I see!!! Nice one for letting us know though dude T: :ILU:
Nice van aswell mate, lights make it really stand out!!! T: where did you get those from??
From me!!

Bought them from Mersyspeed because of the same situation as you. Got chrome but want black then wanted to do the facelift.

Mudskipper got a very very and I mean VERY good deal. Eh NeilI:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts