VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
once the insides finished, and the weather warms up, ill be moving onto the van bodywork, was thinking about a black roof/bonnet, but curious to know, those with black vans or roofs do you find it gets hot in the back whilst travelling in warmer climates?????
Wouldnt want the kids passing out with heat exhaustion, when we have that summers day....Plus i dont want to have to have the windows permanently open lol!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
If your roof is insulated mate, it shouldn't make it too bad. It's usually the windows magnifying the light that heats up the cab. When I'm camping and the JK window shields are on, it's not too bad in there. Not Ice cold but more than comfy. T:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
once the insides finished, and the weather warms up, ill be moving onto the van bodywork, was thinking about a black roof/bonnet, but curious to know, those with black vans or roofs do you find it gets hot in the back whilst travelling in warmer climates?????
Wouldnt want the kids passing out with heat exhaustion, when we have that summers day....Plus i dont want to have to have the windows permanently open lol!!

ours is dark grey rather than black but doesn't really make the van uncomfortably hot - children are still alive anyways ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts