VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have tried to find by search but cant find the answer

Blowers are all working fine on my T5 1.9 but no heat at all coming out ???

Any help much appreciated T:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Check all your hoses to ensure coolant is flowing into all areas when hot. Thermostat issues? Blocked coolant system? Selector cable snapped or trapped in dash? Just a few points to look at bud. Your water pump is still working isn't it??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Martin .. no apparent changes from engine temp or fluid anywhere

will have a look at the other things!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
You should be a able to see the coolant returning back to the header tank via the upper return hose to confirm your pumps working.
If it is then check all hoses. If it's all getting warm and coolant is being allowed through the radiator then thermostat is opening when hot. No heat in cab means that the hot coolant isn't getting to the heater matrix behind the dash either through blockage or as per above the cable required to allow the hot coolant into the matrix has failed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi I've been having the same problem with my caravelle T5.1 No heat from heater I've had thermostat changed also water pump changed even the vw van centre are scratching their heads they are the ones who are doing the work, they are trying to find out now why the coolant hoses under the bonnet are staying cool not hot to touch!
Any help? :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK managed to find the cause of my problem ...

on the back of the heater dial, the cable is supposed to be attached to it so when you turn the dial the cable is pulled and it opens or closes the heater wotsit(??) ... mine had popped off and the cable end wasnt joined to the dial - the dial is clipped into the assembly but this had become unclipped - in trying to clip it back in I managed to break the little lug that holds it all together but I pushed it all back and gently screwed it back in and it now works fine - just need to remember to turn the dial carefully I:

At least I know whats wrong if the dial goes loose again !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts