VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New Year just started and finally had a bit of time to sort out my T4. I seem to have lost all my earlier pics soI'll just give the story so far. 1st job was the paint work it was completely dead. God knows how many times I've Tcut and polished but its slowly getting there. Had alarm and central locking installed also all the locks as some decided to try and get in using a screw driver. Next was a set of Wolfrace alloys. Not brilliant but when your working on a budget :) also had it lowered 40mm didnt want to go to low as I use it for carrying my amps and PA around. Next job is the lights, got some nice clear indicators to go on and some LEDs to fix into the headlights. After that it will be the interior, nothing fancy just sound proofing and carpets for now. I must admit I'm dreading doing this but I've followed some other threads on here so hopefully it wont be to bad. Happy New Year all if your at the Ace Cafe this month pop over and say hi T:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brilliant finally get some time to do some work and the weather has gone mad. High winds and bloody freezing. Managed to do some minor bits and pieces. I got hold of a side door rubber step and replaced all the interior bulbs with blue ones (Proper Posh :) ) also I've been struggling to get the front mats looking good. They were that horrible worn grey colour. I've cleaned them time and again but just couldn't get it right. Finally I used some Autoglm black dye spray. Brilliant they came up like new. Also got the front lights sorted. Nice clear indicators and a light strip in the headlights. So no major work done but still moving along at a steady pace. I'll upload pics later T:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Mike. Just put some Black leather BMW seats in the front £60 of Fleabay and they came ready mounted on T4 bases A: They sit a little high but are well comfortable and look the dogs swingers. Just started taking all the ply of on the inside ready for sound proofing and carpets. Using Cloud 9 underlay for sound proofing as I can get it for nothing. I used it before to soundproof my studio and it does the job really well. I'll be using some feltback carpet to cover the ply as its thicker and better than the Veltrim although I'll use that on the bare metal work. Her indoors has just sorted out some tickets for Bugjam in July so everything is hunky dory at the moment. To ggod to last me thinks ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a quicky. I was thinking of changing the VW badges on the front grill and back door with T4 badges. Do they exist? and if so does anyone know where I can get them A:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello mate the T4 badges certainly do exist for the rear, they sold them on this forum but I think they're out of stock:*
I'm after some myself so if you or anyone else finds them could you give me a shout:ILU:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Love the detail to the mat with the T4 logo and rubber foot rest. Also you can see my new knob T:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Used some Grison Black Leather renewal cream. They came up like new. I'll put it back in tomorrow and have a go at the drivers seat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been so busy enjoying the Van I haven't actually done much work. Managed to get to the coast with my boys Kite Surfing and seem to be there most weekends. Oh well I guess the Van is there to enjoy I'm sure I'll find some time later in the year to finish all the bits I had planned but until then I'll just plod along doing bits as and when. Stroll on the Bug Jam got a new rock and roll bed so I'll stay for the whole gig A:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been a busy boy the van is coming on a treat I'll put some pics up later still using it to the max even though the weather has been . Kite surfing in Bournemouth a week in wales two weeks in Bude and loving every minute. No real deals now till BugJam so I'll have some time to do some more work. Painting calipers next I'm doing them silver to match my wheels and also haven't seen any others that colour. Retinting the back windows and dreading it I've read so many horror stories about it on here. Got a new 7in screen stereo and sat nav which is going in this thursday. Meanwhile thanks for a great site you,ve been a massive help to me and any problems I've had are always answered on here. Gould Bless Ya Guvnor T:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Retinted the rear windows. What a nightmare still it looks a lot better than it did. Also revamped the bumpers thanks to a heatgun cant believe how well that worked T:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts