VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been checking out thread after thread and getting conflicting advice on what tyres i should run on the above rims on my t28 t5.

they are 19" bmw 6 series rims
8.5 front, 9.0 rear

was thinking 225 40 19 on the front load rated xl
255 35 19 on the rears load rated xl

any advice much appreciated

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
To be honest all i know is what i read on here and they advise against using car wheels on vans .(although loads of people do )I:

·
Premium Member
6,266 Posts
You can only use X5 alloys. Nothing else in the BMW range comes close on gross vehicle weight, even X5s are marginal (newer cars are getting lighter to save fuel). Its much safer to buy genuine van wheels so you can get the official load rating from the manufacturer.

For a T28 I'd estimate you need a 100 rated tyres such as 255/40R19. Tyres which are marked XL are a little stronger than none XL marked. The bit you should look for is the number after the diameter.

255/40R19 100Y XL TL

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
the car they are off wieghs 2005 kg, the vans only used for my motocross bike
Does not matter what you carry in it - the wheels must be load rated to the maximum weight the van can carry - fit oitherwise & you will bge breaking the law, fail an MOT (if the tester is vigilent) & at the very worst have your insurance fail to pay out in the event of a claim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts