VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking into this for a few weeks now and just wondered if anyone has done this yet. When you unlock the vehicle with the fob it lights up an led behind the handle and looks really smart.

I thought the only way to do this is to have the interior lights switch on when you unlock and lock. (similar to the vaux**ll Movano sorry to swear) They also dim down after 10 seconds like the mk 3 golf. then you could just run an led behind the door handle off the interior lights. Trouble is i can't think off a way to do it.

Anybody got any idea's

Looks like this

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, please can you move this to the electrical section. Thanks

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I've just got a kit and will be looking at how to do it when I also fit my central locking kit. It's all a bit confusing but there has to be a way of doing it!!!

Robbie

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've just got a kit and will be looking at how to do it when I also fit my central locking kit. It's all a bit confusing but there has to be a way of doing it!!!

Robbie
Just found the kit, Ebay for £12.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITE-LED-DOO...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a02656d6e

Where did you get yours from Rob and how much????

I'm gonna wire red led's under the seats aswell (same colour as me velle)
1 row under the seats and front foot wells wired to interior lights and 1 row under the seats wired to main beam.
Plus the ordinary courtesy lights on the ceiling but swap them for the mk 3 golf as they dim after -- secs.

Will see how it goes but will still keep looking into the door handle lights.:ILU:

·
Registered
589 Posts
You could do it with a Remote Central locking/alarm module as above- just connect them on to the interior light out put of the alarm/RCL module so that when you unlock the vehicle the module puts the signal to the interior light and then inturn to the door handles and once the ignition is on position 2 the switch off. You might be able to adapt a Mk3 golf interior light to do it with RCL.

hmmmm R:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a scorpion alarm on my velle:D Will have a look into the modules on it. Might even have something on there already. Good thinking will let you know how it goes.

Knowing my luck I'll wire it so the interior lights flash when i turn the alarm on lolH:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just found the kit, Ebay for £12.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHITE-LED-DOO...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a02656d6e

Where did you get yours from Rob and how much????

I'm gonna wire red led's under the seats aswell (same colour as me velle)
1 row under the seats and front foot wells wired to interior lights and 1 row under the seats wired to main beam.
Plus the ordinary courtesy lights on the ceiling but swap them for the mk 3 golf as they dim after -- secs.

Will see how it goes but will still keep looking into the door handle lights.:ILU:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you buddy, busy weekend! I have got exactly the same kit as that, quite a nice little kit for the money too. I hope I can get it to work but not going to be able to try for a couple of weeks!

Robbie

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No worries Robbie, what sort of set up you got. central locking with remote etc etc. will look into the mk 3 interior light idea and let you know how i get on. Will update this post as soon as i get an idea. Might even do a "how to thread and take pics etc if i get the chance.

Cheerzen:ILU: (as we say down yer)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I've got a central locking kit from t4srus to fit, also have a delayed dimming interior light from a passat. Really not sure how i'm going to do it though,

Robbie

·
Registered
28 Posts
A different idea I thought about, would be putting led lighting under the wing
mirrors, same as the Audi Q7!!! and wiring these back to the interior lighting:*

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
if you don't want to link them to the interior lights, but you do want them on a timer, get an extra timed interior light, connect these leds to the lamp connections and then connect a -ve pulse from your remote it to the door negative on the light

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
if you don't want to link them to the interior lights, but you do want them on a timer, get an extra timed interior light, connect these leds to the lamp connections and then connect a -ve pulse from your remote it to the door negative on the light
Dave, I like what you've put but I really wish I understood what you are talking about, is it German???

Robbie

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi robbie, Spoke to TIGGERTT (Sparky) on here and if you don't have an interior light wire from your remote kit/(alarm in my case) we could run a relay from the unlock cable of the central locking to activate a timer which turns the led off after a set time. (if that makes sense)

Will re-read Dave's post to try and get my head around it!!!!!

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Right got it, What he is saying is pretty much what Vince said. Connect the Extra interior light (Relay with timer) to the unlock side of the central locking. this then turns the light on and then dims it out after a while. I think????

See Well worth the tenner!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
So if my kit has a wire for the interior light (goes out to garage to check!!!) then I should be able to get this to work? I'm slowly getting my head around it and being so rubbish with car electrics i'm starting to think twice! I WON'T BE BEATEN YET!!!!!

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep, wire the door handle kit to the wire coming off the CL kit. So instead of the interior light coming on it illuminates the handles. Unless you want the interior light on aswell, then wire in both.

Simplez!!!!!

Reason i wanted to involve the mk 3 interior light is so it dim's down instead of just turning off. Like my first post with the bmw.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
OK mate, I see now! LOL It would be nice if they dimmed though so hurry up and get it sorted and report back! LOL

Thanks for your help buddy, righto off to bed up early for work,

Robbie

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will do chap, I will be up for another couple of hours pricing work then up at 6 for another day's graft.

Yippee, Forum keeps me sane while i'm pricing lol.

Will post up soon hopefully!!!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Dave, I like what you've put but I really wish I understood what you are talking about, is it German???

Robbie

pure proof that blokes can't multi task, don't type whilst trying to give the impression of interest as the wife warbles on about something different!H:

T4chippy said:
Right got it, What he is saying is pretty much what Vince said. Connect the Extra interior light (Relay with timer) to the unlock side of the central locking. this then turns the light on and then dims it out after a while. I think????
That's what i meant!:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts