VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

The orange plastic bit on my dipstick housing was obviously broken by the previous owner and he has replaced it with a hose and clamp. Just wondering if someone can confirm the length is right by measuring the distance between the two green arrows I’ve put on the attached photo.

It’s a 2.5 (BNZ) engine

CCB0EF2D-FAE5-4C33-9CCC-0355FDE5E52E.png

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Hi guys

The orange plastic bit on my dipstick housing was obviously broken by the previous owner and he has replaced it with a hose and clamp. Just wondering if someone can confirm the length is right by measuring the distance between the two green arrows I’ve put on the attached photo.

It’s a 2.5 (BNZ) engine

View attachment 179698
210mm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you mate, I really appreciate it - as mine is indeed is the wrong length. Just to confirm. Did you sit your tape measure on the bracket as shown in the new attached photo? Or against the the start of the tube itself and if so, was it on the same side as I have the tape measure or Was it the firewall side because all three points have a different measurement.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Thank you mate, I really appreciate it - as mine is indeed is the wrong length. Just to confirm. Did you sit your tape measure on the bracket as shown in the new attached photo? Or against the the start of the tube itself and if so, was it on the same side as I have the tape measure or Was it the firewall side because all three points have a different measurement. View attachment 179853
Same as your picture mate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts