VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were down in newquay this week and as luck would have it, boardmasters were there. They take over the entire car park at fistral and set up a village of shops. There is also music, and coupled with the semi pro surfers, it is an event I would thoroughly recommend.

this is taken from the purpose built raised platform that is on the carpark

a couple to show the platform and how crowded the beach was

and finally, how talented some of the surfers were to be catching these small waves at high tide

the traffic both to and from newquay was horrible, and what is normally a 5-6 hour journey for us turned out to be 8 1/2hours both ways. We did see a massive dog with its head out of the sunroof in the fast lane of the M1 though :D

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The music festival at Watergate is quite a way from fistral, although I guess the weather will be similar. We have not had such good weather in newquay as we had this [last] week for many years.

I hope the 'village' they built at fistral holds up. It looked fairly 'heavy duty'?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't believe how sunny it is in the first few pictures and now it's raining and stormy winds!.
...the weather was varied all the way down on friday, and not up to much on satuday, but we had full days at the beach [10-6] for the rest of the week. We have such a nice glow at the moment that people are asking if we have been abroad.

:cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
...the weather was varied all the way down on friday, and not up to much on satuday, but we had full days at the beach [10-6] for the rest of the week. We have such a nice glow at the moment that people are asking if we have been abroad.

:cool:
Same with us, Friday was blue skies here in Burton on Trent, and got grey and cloudy the further south you got, got set up on Porth Beach Campsite and walked into town and it was blue sky and bright sunshine! Saturday the same, we chilled around the beach bar and the surf village but thats no where near as good as previous years, used to come out with freebies and testers galore from towels to shower gel and beach balls etc but now you get nothing, its just hipster clothing!
Really nice down there though and wish we were still there now rather than at work! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts