VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here goes two girlies in a red sporty number gave my van a kiss at an island........................................ Then drove on round the roundabout .................never to be seen again W:!! how rude !
No witnesses stopped and i dont know the number of the red car :(

so back to the point Im fully comp with protected no claims discount ive never had a claim before but what do i do now ?

looks worse in pics but in no expert

its an 05 model will they fix it and how long would it take to sort ? oppinions welcomed

·
Registered
621 Posts
That might not be an easy repair . Im no body expert but have a lower dent on the off side after removing panneling theres no access to the lower areas.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
easily repaired with a sliding hammer,spot weld little bolts on then pull them with the sliding hammer
it all depends how much it would cost you at a bodyshop compared to how much your excess is ??

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Excess is £250 so i think thats the route but just i didnt want a claim on my record protected no claims i have but it still goes on record :(

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
nasty bump, sorry to see your pain.

you will need to use a body shop, unless you have the equipment/friends to do the job.

a reputable body shop always costs,:eek: get a couple of quotes, may only be a few bob more than £250 excess that you are expecting to pay? always worth haggling;)

·
Registered
841 Posts
nasty bump, sorry to see your pain.

you will need to use a body shop, unless you have the equipment/friends to do the job.

a reputable body shop always costs,:eek: get a couple of quotes, may only be a few bob more than £250 excess that you are expecting to pay? always worth haggling;)
And tell them you are paying, not the insurance company - they tend to elevate insurance quotes.......

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
When I got my van it was caved in past the drivers door along till the rear wheel arch local body shop sorted it all out for £300 with some extra little touch ups here and there mine looked very bad compaired to your pics. I removed the ply for them and you could see where it was all push in, guys did a good job and you cant see any damage from outside and he did the inside just as good even put that black sealing stuff back.

Had van back in 2 days.

Very happy with it.

I guess if you want to pay the insurance £250 and be hit with it every year for the next 5 years for making a claim or swollow the extra £50 and keep your self claim free.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill take a look around and get some quotes as i do want a bit done the other side T:
fanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts