VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the subject is controversial on here and many don't like detracting from the oem look of the T4 but it looks like I'm gonna go for it.

Not really looking to see IF I should go for a kit, just looking for people's experiences with them.

Side skirts, I'm assuming these would need bonding on and feathering in paint wise :*

Front and rear bumpers, do these just bolt on where the existing ones were or something else :*

I've never had a body kit before hense the questions and looking forward to your replies T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL: knew this wouldn't be the most popular thread on the forum :D

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I think youve got it just about right tbh mate.. Yes bumpers should bolt on and yes skirts will need smoothing and painting..

Friend of mine runs a paint shop and bodykits are the bain of his life.. They very rarely fit well and are never ready for paint as they all state..

Still though i think you should go for it T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wish I was as good with a real spray gun as I am at photoshop :D

If it turns out half as good as that I'll be chuffed, might even do a build thread on it T:

·
Registered
931 Posts
do It, looks good as a concept. fitted two bodykits a few years ago and they weren't that bad to be honest. I think they were Caractere, could have been Oettinger though. side skirts and wheel arches were bonded on with good old fashioned body filler.

this is not a bodge job we use it because it is designed to stick to steel..... in fact pretty well sticks to anything.
all I can say is trial fit, trial fit and trial fit again.T:T:T:

all the best and keep us posted....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts