VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1065 Posts

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Loads of new stuff has been going on.

We went to DubFreeze and met Toby from T4Life, looks like we are going for his install as we really like the clean lines. :cool:

When we were there, we met up with X28ART who I bought a Fiamma barn door bike rack from.
Spot the deliberate mistake.. I have a bloody spoiler on the van, so it won't fit!:(
Question is, should I modify the top mounts so they go round the spoiler and it will fit, or do I sell it on and buy something else?
Anything else will more than likely involve a tow bar, which we don't have (expensive) and would also mean we won't be able to open the rear doors when the bikes are on.
Need to think about it.

Also .... couple of boxes arrived this morning... H:

Should be fitting the D2 this week. :D

We have a few other bit's and bob's arrive over the weekend.
Including fire extinguisher, fire blanket, torches, map, carbon monoxide sensor.

AND these babys.... to keep us going till the T4Life stuff goes in. :db

Also, THIS turned up addressed to Tam..... I wonder what it could be :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Some MORE new bits arrived today...

The TV has turned up...

As has the super cool dog cage.....

and the security bits for the wing mirrors and number plates.

Before...

AFTER...

Anyway, off to London tomorrow to get the D2 fitted H:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice looking van matey !! Love the drop on it how does it drive that low is the ride bumpy ?

Also where did you get the wing mirror torque screws from ?T:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Few more updates...

The D2 is in!!

Anyone want one fitting by a REAL fully qualified Eberspacher engineer who fits them all day, for a living. In the Essex area.
PM me for details... ;)

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well.... Tam and I spent a few hours this afternoon and managed this.... H:

Got the roof down... was only held up with four screws!!! LOL:

Put battens up either side of the re-enforcing bars and screwed them on.

Then added 4 cross members to them.
These were cut so they would wedge in tight and we also used "No more nails" tape to fix them in place to the roof, which is supposed to support 50kg on its own!
Then to be sure it is solid, used flat brackets to secure them in place, attaching them to the battons.

Used the four cross-members for putting in 12 screws into them, though the metal TV plate/bracket.

Then finally, screwed the TV to the TV mounting plate... :cool:

VERY happy with our work, just need to cut out a hole in the ply roof and get it back in.
But we have Ikea lights to put into it first. H:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
First day of the month and lots to report...

Got some more of the wood prep done for the speaker pods...

Slowly building...

But the BIG thing that happened today was the visit from Mr. Electric himself.. Upspex!

Electric hook up
Hookup charger
Twin battery under bonnet
RCD splitter
Groovy carbon fibre split charger leisure battery charger thingy.

The guy worked solid for close on 8 hours. Can't recommend him enough. A:

Will get a few more better photo's tomorrow. T:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Couple more of the progress on the speaker frames...

Realised the tweeters won't fit now, so we will have to make the bases a little bigger... DOH!

Few more of the sweet install from Upspex.

Groovy carbon fibre box will be flush surface mounted on the side of the cupboards when they are fitted. :cool:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Few more bits from the weekend.

Manages to add the splitter in the engine bay. Will wire the amps up first, THEN connect it to the battery :D

Also... getting close with the rear custom Fibreglass speaker pods for each side of the TV.

Let them harden overnight, then we need to do another layer of Resin.... then the body filler is next. :cool:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Managed to get a little more done last night.

My able assistant and I made a frame for the amps to sit in under the passenger seat.

Painted in black.... then Tam insisted we put a spray of metallic glitter silver over the top.
I wasn't convinced... but she insisted. I actually think it looks pretty good!

You can just see the rear comp cross-overs on the left hand side of the amps.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
DiscoDave asked me for some photo's of my dash...
For some reason the green just does NOT seem to show up in the photo's or video!

I keep it on the blue anyway, as it matches the volt and amp dials on in the door card.

Bit peeved with the dials, as you can see there are scratches across the plastic. Is this something I can swap out?

"Normal" White dials.

Lights off with ignition to first click.

Blue setting, with ignition to second click.

Green setting, with ignition to second click. For some reason the Green just doesn't look green in the photo!

And also, you can't see the green at all in the video!

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Easycamp Daytona!!

Long story short, my mother-in-law was busy looking after her husband over Christmas (he is loads better know, which is great)

But with all the mayhem of the season and her looking after him with trips, visits and stays in the hospital, Crimbo prezzies were understandably overlooked.

Mentioned that we were going to BusTypes and thinking of buying a awning yesterday and they have paid for one for us!!! H:

So we have just ordered the Easycamp Daytona from Amazon. Seems like everyone on here who has one recommends them, so we decided it was a good choice. T:

Working on the van today, hopefully going to get ALL the ICE cables in the van, so we can wire them up to the hardware this week.
Super exciting!!! :db

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Re: Easycamp Daytona!!

Hi, Jim,

Thanks for the pm - and by the way, you can get some accessories for your awning for a reduced price on the Redbom site. For example, the carpet for the daytona is half price:

http://www.redbom.co.uk/easy-camp-daytona-carpet.html

and the footprint groundsheet's just £9.99
http://www.redbom.co.uk/easy-camp-daytona-footprint-groundsheet.html
Hey impis ....

Cheers for the heads up on the website... Just ordered the Carpet AND the ground-sheet. T:

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Re: Bongo Fury!!!

Done pretty well today! :cool:

Managed to run all the cables we need.
Three RCA cables from the HU to the Passenger seat.
Two speaker cables from the Passenger seat to the dash speakers.
Four speaker cables from the Passenger seat to the location of the speakers either side of the TV.
Two speaker cables from the Passenger seat to the back door speakers.
Video cable from the HU to the TV.
Power for the TV.
Video cable from the HU to the back door (for a reversing camera, to be added at a later date)
D2 controller to the back of the van.

Also, as there is a second input for the TV, I ran RCA and video cables from the back of the (as yet, non existent) cupboards.
So if we want to add a PS3 or Apple TV at a later date, we can. :D

Just need a few connectors to arrive in the post, so I can bolt the earth cables to the base of the seat.
Which means I can THEN get the seat and amps in and start wiring up all the ICE!!! WOO HOO!!! H:
(Or should that be IVE?) LOL:

AND ... not just me that has been busy. Tam has been working hard with her new sewing machine.
Sewing velcro into the Van-X curtains so the fit better. And also making the pillow cases we have fit the super lightweight pillows we have.
As a little extra, she has also made a bag that matches the van... Clever Tam!

41 - 60 of 1065 Posts