VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wondering if you have had a similar problem? Bought a new bonnet bra for my T4, and after only 3 or 4 days on, I took it off and it has made my bonnet a "milky" white colour in places:confused:

Can this be t-cut out, or has it ruined the paint permenantly? As you can imagine, I`m a bit gutted!. Cheers for any advice, Ritchie.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bought the van a week ago, it`s a 53 plate T4, so don`t know the history of whether the van has been resprayed or not, to tell you how old the paint is. It was in excellent original condition I think, so maybe no respray.

Van cost a fair bit, so will be gutted if I have to pay for a bonnet paint job now too! Bought the bonnet bra as I thought it looked cool, also, to break up the colour of the van, it is bright red, so the black bonnet bra complimented the van well...... or so In thought!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also guys, if I want to follow this post, and it`s advice, how do I "jump" to this post, as after a short while, it`ll be lost in pages of other people`s posts?! Thanks T: I`m still quite new to these forums lol!

·
Registered
11,710 Posts
also guys, if I want to follow this post, and it`s advice, how do I "jump" to this post, as after a short while, it`ll be lost in pages of other people`s posts?! Thanks T: I`m still quite new to these forums lol!
two ways.

subscribe. see options are the bottom of the reply window. (not quick reply)

or go to your Profile and click on "all posts started by" or "all posts made by"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jim, yeah was thinking of doing that:( Don`t really have a choice...... great looking van with bonnet milky paint.... or bonnet bra and no ...er... milky paint on show. No brainer really! I`ll just know it`s there, which will niggle till I can get it sorted.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what exactly is a bonnet wrap? Will have to look into it:)Can you get different colours and I assume water never gets underneath the wrap, therefore no paint laquer or rust problems?!?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Also Re: Bonnet bras.... if your not very careful how you install the bra you'll block the vent under the bonnet and restrict the airflow to the intercooler. That'll cost you a little power as well.
I don't like the bras and would much rather repaint my bonnet a different colour, DIY plastic spray it or have it wrapped.

Look into spraying it with plasticoat and a LPHF system - easy to do at home.

here

It's what I might do to mine one day.T:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if you have had a similar problem? Bought a new bonnet bra for my T4, and after only 3 or 4 days on, I took it off and it has made my bonnet a "milky" white colour in places:confused:

Can this be t-cut out, or has it ruined the paint permenantly? As you can imagine, I`m a bit gutted!. Cheers for any advice, Ritchie.
if it's only been on a few days I think you would be unlucky not to be able to polish it out, unless it is a poor paint job with a thin clear coat but no reason to think that really.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts