VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it says really, do you leave it on even in the rain etc? Does it trash the paintwork?

I ask because I am fed up of the gritters and other cars throwing mud up and trashing my paintwork.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I don't bother with one, friends have had them and stones, grit etc has got behind them and scratched their bonnets.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Worst thing you could put on a van with good paintwork ,
good for hiding rough paint tho lol.

·
Registered
869 Posts
We had a bra on the bora we have, and the bonnet had stone chips on the bra was used to cover them up but when I took it off the paint had bubbled where the chips had been. Luckily it's black and it was really hot for a couple of days so they dried up. Needless to say I don't use any bras any more!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
my van looks very plain now with the bra off.
i like them tbh.
i just make sure my bonnet has plenty of wax on it and take it off every now and then if its been raining a lot T:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
We kept the bonnet bra on our t4 for over a year and when we took it of the paintwork was fine, talking to a few people about bras and it seems to be original paintwork is fine, but if youve had the bonnet resprayed they seem to react.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
After reading about water collecting along the lower edge where it's folded under the bonnet, I punched a few discreet holes in the material to let it drain. Seems fine so far.

I like'em anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts