VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
I use to wave loads but it kind off wears you down when its to delivery drivers who couldn't careless what they're driving.:(
I still try to pick out the private owners though T:

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think there are lots of T5 drivers that have never had a VW van - camper - beetle before and don't really no about the wave,
It goes back a long way, I've been into the VW scene for years and the wave :ILU: was common amongst people who drove or was into VW's, I think the T5 all looking nice and sporty has brought a new crowd of people, witch isn't a bad thing, in fact some of the things people are doing with the vans is inspiring us all, obviously I have a T5 myself and love it it's a pleasure to drive, but it doesn't have the character of the old vans,
Steering wheel that you would turn a half way round before the wheels turn
Long woberly gear stick that moved all over the place
Brakes that had to be stamped on miles before you stopped
Scraping ice of the inside of the windscreen in the winter
Cold damp heater less boxes of joy, ahhhh the good old days when somebody would stop and help you out at the side of the road because you was in a VW,
So for all us oldy's out there who are sick of our waves not being returned Maybe we should display a :ILU: sticker in our windows.
And we can stick to the old ways, and help each other out, *<:)> :ILU:

·
Registered
362 Posts
when on holiday in cornwall everyone waves at vw van owners! even around plymouth my wife waves whike im driving , do get some miserable sods tho t5 mjb i think was the reg , you know who you are !!! :ILU:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m a T5 owner and I always wave :ILU: but only a few do it back, shame on those that don't.
We would have loved an old bus or T4 but we had to be practical about it, that doesn’t make us any different does it.
We love and always admire all the VW Vans, Busses, Transporters etc regardless of age or model, we've always wanted one for years but could never afford one up until now.
I'm not loaded or a fashion follower, I had to get a T5 because we needed something young with very low millage and hopefully reliable, It took the place of my car and is used to take me to work during the week (90 miles round trip per day) then trips away at weekends,
Back to the wave thing, I'm an avid motorcycle enthusiast owning four bikes, the same thing happens, the proper motorcyclists nod or wave and the rich boy fashion motorcyclist don't seem to bother, to me that says it all (w**k**s)

So come on people get waving,
lets show something that seems to be missing in this day and age called
comradeship

Anyway after all that *<:)> to you all T: :grphg :cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI All
A bit of a newbie on the forum and just browsing through found this thread.
I've had VW's for work all my life and my father has had them too - in fact I've had access to VW vans since we went camping in a bay when I was 6 years old which was about 37 years ago and this ithe first time I've heard of the VW wave.

I can't remeber being waved at in the past but will watch out for it in the future when about in my current van - an 05 174 T30 fully loaded with lots of factory toys and room for a few more upgrades.

ATB Wryka :ILU:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I often wave, always wave back, but nearly always made to look a fool by the non-wavers looking puzzeled and wondering why someone in a pimped out van is waving at them

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was waiving at vans all the way back from Cambridge to Cardiff today - had a few back, maybe the message is getting out?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
we waved at every van we saw this weekend on the M54 and the a5 they all waved including a lovely orange T5 just outside shrewsbury
but sometimes you can miss awave or the owner isnt true vw fan .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts