VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
Fitted a boost gauge to my 1.9td today and happy when running boost (12psi atm, going to tune next week as only had engine in a week), but on tick over the needle shakes like a ****ting dog ? is this normal ? or just because its cheap ?
:confused:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Ah shaking like s:*ing dog one of my fav sayings ....................:ILU:

As for your gauge no idea.......................I:

·
Registered
335 Posts
tis completely normal mate, i've had it on 2 of my td's now! it stops as soon as revs pick up but rattles and buzzes on tickover and low revs.

its something to do with the way the td's make boost, it pulses at low revs or summit.

However - to cure it, apparently you gotta fit a tee piece in the pipe between the inlet manifold and the guage, then blank the end of the t piece off. that way it acts as a plenum and stops the vibrations??

i've never tried, as i just ignore it, but apparently it works :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tis completely normal mate, i've had it on 2 of my td's now! it stops as soon as revs pick up but rattles and buzzes on tickover and low revs.

its something to do with the way the td's make boost, it pulses at low revs or summit.

However - to cure it, apparently you gotta fit a tee piece in the pipe between the inlet manifold and the guage, then blank the end of the t piece off. that way it acts as a plenum and stops the vibrations??

i've never tried, as i just ignore it, but apparently it works :D
Thanks for that mate, it maybe worth a try as it really annoys me and ive only had it in for a day. When i get around to it i'll update if it worked.
:ILU:

·
Registered
589 Posts
My brother had this on his TDI golf with his boost gauge, a little trick is to get a 30amp connector block and loosen both screws and thread the hose to the boost gauge through it, turn the engine on and slowly turn the screws in and it should reduce the 'flicker'.

Hope it helps

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts