VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello iv got my t4 down to having only 1 error when i do a scan with vag com! T: Its an electrical 1 tho! And im rubbish at electrics...

Its error 01262 - selenoid valve for boost pressure control (N75) 31-10 - open or short to ground - intermittent

From this error im assuming that theres a break or a crack in the wire housing and its shorting out somewhere along the line.

I have got a wiring diagram but its not very helpful when i dont know what im looking at. Does anyone know where the other end of the wire goes to? and what position it is in the plug where it ends up? Just so i can test the wire with a multi meter?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
First step - clear the error code and see if it comes back.

boost pressure solenoid is the N75 valve. Search for pictures of it, it's fairly easy to find. Then check the wires back to the loom, visually, for cuts/split/worn insulation.

Good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep the fault comes back and I have replaced the n75. Just wasn't too sure on how to sort out the problem. Didn't really want to have to pull all the casing off the loom to trace it back. Is this as much of a pain in the ass as it looks?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Yep the fault comes back and I have replaced the n75. Just wasn't too sure on how to sort out the problem. Didn't really want to have to pull all the casing off the loom to trace it back. Is this as much of a pain in the ass as it looks?
This is the easiest way to find the fault.

I bet its not far from the N75.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gave up and took it into a garage and the loss of power is being caused by my cat being blocked! I never would of looked there. He said that's what might be throwing up those faults so the cats being replaced and then we'll see weather that's the problem.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,830 Posts
You'd hope after 9 years it was sorted!

If you look at his profile, you'll see he's also sold it........back in 2013.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed all the dates thanks, but be it yesterday or 9 years ago he still went through the experience so it was worth asking to see what the outcome was just in case he was still active on the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts