VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin all:),
it's just a reminder really about ignoring knocks from the front suspension, mine is lowered and had an odd knock or two from the front, had to replace a couple of track rod ends before the MOT, and all went quiet so kept using my van, yesterday went out and a slight knock again, thought nothing of it, this morning (thankfully moving slowly) the bottom ball joint on the drivers side let go, fcukin nighmare getting recovered etc but it could have been a whole lot worse as I travel from the west mids to see my family in Bournemouth quite often, dread to think about what if! I have pictures but can't sort the uploading but be aware and careful,
cheers, Baggy

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Evenin all:),
it's just a reminder really about ignoring knocks from the front suspension, mine is lowered and had an odd knock or two from the front, had to replace a couple of track rod ends before the MOT, and all went quiet so kept using my van, yesterday went out and a slight knock again, thought nothing of it, this morning (thankfully moving slowly) the bottom ball joint on the drivers side let go, fcukin nighmare getting recovered etc but it could have been a whole lot worse as I travel from the west mids to see my family in Bournemouth quite often, dread to think about what if! I have pictures but can't sort the uploading but be aware and careful,
cheers, Baggy
Agree mate never leave a bottom ball joint,always the one to change if needed,never leave them..

Seen a good few go....

Jump on a thread,but anyone wanting cheap bottom and top ball joints,supply and fit oem at a unbeatable price,give me a shout...mobile too

£215 all in

Good luck at sorting yours mate...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts