VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i'm going to be lowering my T4 in a day or 2 and cannot find any info about re setting the rear brake bias load valve up, Does anyone have any knowledge on this one? dont want to drop the suspension and trick the bias load valve into thinking i am carrying weight on the rear and go spinning around when i brake too hard? Any info will be great..T:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok answered my own question really its a pain in the unless taken to VW for them to do properly with a guage, No way am i risking a lock up under heavy braking with the missus and baby in the van. I think the reason a lot of people have had no issues with locking rears is maybe they have not really needed to do a full on panic hit pedal and scream stop, you can do an emergency stop fine but under a panic pre crash moment i bet i'd hit the brakes harder than when doing a practice stop. Food for thought i think i'll be looking into a VW garage to re set mine unless i can find a solution i would be happy to trust..:ILU:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Correct SIGOD

This is a very well known issue with "big" drops on other VAG products.
It is good of U to highlight this... hopefully more would follow U`r path:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive reply, I have had one horrific crash 12 years ago and i will avoid any potential problems that MAY cause an issue at any cost, I still suffer from my injuries and am paying out for private treatment to this day and will have to for the rest of my life, for a couple of hundred pounds or so to have it done correctly to manufacturer specifications is in my book invaluable.T:

·
Registered
331 Posts
I really need to get this done on my van. I had to do an emergency stop a few months ago on a country road, driving in a straight line the back end locked up and did a 90 degree spin. nearly hit a lamp post and luckily no cars in the way.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really need to get this done on my van. I had to do an emergency stop a few months ago on a country road, driving in a straight line the back end locked up and did a 90 degree spin. nearly hit a lamp post and luckily no cars in the way.
exactly what i am trying to avoid, i have picked up my Eibach pro kit today and i have printed off the fitting instructions from Eibach for the ones i bought and it is not in good english so pretty hard to make a true understanding of exactly what i have to do but basically Eibach say that if the springs on the bias valve are not green they need to be replaced with new ones from VW, they do give the part number and also i can make out that a small adjustment is needed between the balance bar and the bump stop looking thing, It is supposed to be 0.5mm gap and they say use a set of feeler guages to measure that gap correctly, i think i will be calling VW Wrexham in the morning to see if they can help me out with the springs and the set up. Sorry to hear you had a moment, scary isn't it?. This is why i think that everyone should be aware that a potential problem is on most lowered vans and make people understand that it could prove to be dangerous in the event of an emergency.. Only looking out for myself and others and dont want to be a kill joy or a health and safety freak but god forbid if anyone got hurt and didnt take note, As i say i will call VW in the morning and see if i can get an answer and post my findings.T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts