VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've had a read through some similar threads but haven't quite found an answer for what's going on with my van!

The other day I started the van (2004 T5 1.9 Shuttle) up and the coil light started flashing, I then realised that the brake lights weren't working, so after reading the forums, I ordered a new brake light switch and installed it today - but now my brake lights won't go out!

I've tried installing it every different way I can think of/find on the forums, but nothing is changing. When I've got the old one plugged in, I get nothing at all, but when I plug the new one in the brake lights stay on no matter what I do.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated!

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah okay, I just pulled the plunger out gently, pressed down the brake with my hand, put the switch in place, then gently let off the brake, then plugged it in.

Is that the wrong way to install it?

As soon as I plugged it in, the brake lights came on and wouldn't turn off again no matter what I did with the brake pedal.

·
Registered
761 Posts
There is a post on here about it, you’ll have to get another switch and follow the instructions 👍🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts