VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a bit of a mystery as regards PR numbers for my 2000 2.5TDI...

I've got a PR number of 1LU in my owners manual - works fine for the front brakes, but the problem is with the rears. On GSF, Euro and others it states that the back brake PR is either 2E2 or 2E3, but neither number is shown on the sticker in the manual.

I'm fairly sure that it's a 2E2 but just wondered if anyone else had come across this at all?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought rear brake parts recently and struggled to find any codes on the van. From my research I believe that the 2E2 designation relates to vehicles with 280mm diameter rear discs, whilst the 2E3 has the 294mm rear discs. I replaced calipers, carrier frames, bolts, hoses discs and pads - I got lucky and all the gear I got from various suppliers fitted ok.

·
Valve Lifter
126 Posts
Soemhown I overlooked this thread!

My PR Codes are 1LP for the front brakes, and nothing shown for the rear also (T4 1998 2.4D) !

Looking at VW Heritage's site:

I am agreement with Bodfish - it would seem that there is probably only one rear caliper for that year, i.e. no caliper option, but there are on the disc diameter & thickness, corresponding to 2E2 and 2E3, so if your rear PR Code is missing it is a question of measuring your discs.

What I can't find out is what my PR Code '1AB' means:

it is shown as 'Power Brake' - does this refer to the servo? (The guy at GSF couldn't explain what it means either).

Does anyone know?

Jim24
1998 T4 2.4D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts