VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
got a brake prob , pedal goes to the floor still got brakes , but if you pump the pedal it`s ok again , little bit unnerving at times when you come to stop.......... any ideas ....... i`ve had new brake fluid and been bled .
*<:)>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that , had the system presure bled , so dont think it can be air . is the master cylinder a costly job ?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Mine did this one of the vacume pipes had been knocked off in the local garage also a hole in a pipe would cause the same problem hopes this helps *<:)>

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Loss of vacuum will cause pedal t go rock hard, not to the floor.

And foxontop I suggest you stop driving it till you have it fixed, very dangerous......

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
have you checked to see if you're loosing fluid. that would be my first check. look at the reservoir and then check all pipework, joints and back of all the wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any result with this?

I have the same problem and I have already fitted a new master cylinder. I have bled the brakes right through with all fresh fluid and there are no air bubbles coming out the nipples.

I get some brakes right at the bottom of the pedal travel but only just enough to stop the van rolling away from standstill. Nowhere near enough to stop it from any speed above 5mph.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Bump:D I have same trouble as last post. fresh fluid, bled the brakes 3 times using the one man bleed kit. all was good before i changed fluid:confused:

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the same problem here. I'm gona check all the lines & back of the wheels today. Just hope it's not an expensive fix. Any ideas as how to check the seals that were mentioned?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well been messing about with the van today & can't find any signs of break flouid loss along the lines, flexi pipes or calipers! Also had a look around the servo & again nothing. Lil confused now, but there's now 3 things to look at I think.

1. Bleed the system & fill with new fluid (making sure there's no air in system)

2. Check the seals in servo.

3. Check vacum pipes.

(Ignore the spelling) lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts