VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had an advisory on my MOT for corroded rear brake pipes. My question is what size is the brake pipe? And
What size are the unions required?

Thank you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pipe is 3/16 or5mm. normally copper/nickel. fittiings are metric 10mm threads with a fine 1mm pitch i think. but the place you get the pipe from should be able to confirm that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I had an advisory on my MOT for corroded rear brake pipes. My question is what size is the brake pipe? And

Thank you
Pipe is 3/16 or 4.75mm
Unions 10mm x 1mm Thread. 11mm spanner. Ensure they are not fully threaded and compatible with DIN bubble flare pipes.

Take care as vw unions are 16mm long. I purchased 10x1mm unions on the web 17.5mm long and they did not adequately compress the retaining spring clips to secure the flexi pipes.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thank you
Pipe is 3/16 or 4.75mm
Unions 10mm x 1mm Thread. 11mm spanner. Ensure they are not fully threaded and compatible with DIN bubble flare pipes.

Take care as vw unions are 16mm long. I purchased 10x1mm unions on the web 17.5mm long and they did not adequately compress the retaining spring clips to secure the flexi pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts