VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ok as the title says everytime I put my foot on the brakes it blows a fuse (10amp) I have tried bigger fuses just for curiosity and they still blow.

Now is this one of those issues where its a case of "Oh yea just do that or this and bypass them ect ect ect" or is it goin to be a pain in the ass job ?? I am no electrical wonder but have a basic idea, I would say it is shorting somewhere ?? I am I right? or is it something else?

Anyone had the same problem?

Thanks for any help

ChrisW

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

Ok as the title says everytime I put my foot on the brakes it blows a fuse (10amp) I have tried bigger fuses just for curiosity and they still blow.

Now is this one of those issues where its a case of "Oh yea just do that or this and bypass them ect ect ect" or is it goin to be a pain in the ass job ?? I am no electrical wonder but have a basic idea, I would say it is shorting somewhere ?? I am I right? or is it something else?

Anyone had the same problem?

Thanks for any help

ChrisW
Found the problem :D

I was right in the fact it was shorting out but it was a pig to find, after testing all the rear light clusters I traced the fault to the wireing loom right in the middle of the van, whoever had laid the floor had put a screw right through the middle of the wireing harness hence causing a short. So BEWARE just check where you are putting your screws and check whats on the other side.

Happy Days T:

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Where bouts in the van was this I am having the same issue major problems at the moment!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts