VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as part of my work on the van I'm upgrading the rear drums to discs...took the opportunity to send all my brakes to Biggred for a refurb. Here is the before and after. They clean blast paint and replace rubber bits, screws, pistons etc. Oh, and I went for red to release the inner boy racer.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
hi mate

ive never really been into painting calipers & such like but you really have converted me

what a stirling job "Brilliant"T:A::)

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cost, £336. Thats for all four brakes.

Thats for 20 years of gunk removed, and shipped.

As I mentioned I needed to refurb the brakes as I am upgrading my engine to 2.3 5 cylinder Audi 10v petrol and my rather old van had rear drums. I felt it best to get them refurbed and chose the polymer red finish, they do do others.

from Biggreds site:
If your car has front and rear calipers, send in all 4 and save a further 10% off published prices.
All prices include a full remanufacturing service, where all new rubber parts including casting seals, pistons and bleed screws are replaced. Please see BiggRed's Re-manufacturing Process.
All units are hydraulically tested prior to despatch and carry a full 12 months hydraulic guarantee.

·
Registered
204 Posts
They look awesome!

I'm just about to paint mine red - with hammerite paint!

Post some pics up when you've got them fitted T:

Dude, double check the hammerite is heat resistant enough. I'm pretty sure calipers are usually painted with extremely heat resistant paint, due to the fact they can get quite warm.

Halfrauds and the like sell caliper/engine paint.

Sam

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Cost, £336. Thats for all four brakes.

Thats for 20 years of gunk removed, and shipped.

As I mentioned I needed to refurb the brakes as I am upgrading my engine to 2.3 5 cylinder Audi 10v petrol and my rather old van had rear drums. I felt it best to get them refurbed and chose the polymer red finish, they do do others.

from Biggreds site:
:* hell thast a bargain given what a set of 4 new calipers would cost :ILU: good on ya;)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hi Mike

Nah nah - you got me all wrong guv.

Im just wondering how much a brake refurb, forgoing any comsetic work could cost - I dont have alloys you see ;)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking good Spence! Im sure yours look every bit as good as mine do if your pic is a good indication. Cant wait to get em on now...mind you I need to choose some alloys yet.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Dude, double check the hammerite is heat resistant enough. I'm pretty sure calipers are usually painted with extremely heat resistant paint, due to the fact they can get quite warm.

Halfrauds and the like sell caliper/engine paint.

Sam
That's bo:*ks you don't need high temp paint. It'll take a miracle or 500bhp to burn the paint off your calipers:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts