VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Fitted mine today after a month wait due to some delivery adress issues LOL:

Great bit of kit and only took 30 mins to fit which was mostly finding a way to route the leads to the main battery.

would definately recommend this to anyone.
Sorry for the delay mate, dont suppose you have received 2 kits have you?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Mine was delivered today, thanks very much for the quick delivery T: Kit looks great and i'm looking forward to getting it in the van.

Quick query though- I was hoping to fit my battery and this split charge under my passanger seat but my swivel base wont allow it, I've found some space further in the back but it might mean I need to extend the charging cable by another metre, would this be ok or is 4.5 metres the limit with this gauge cable?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
i take it that your not gonna send me a new light for my split charge box then? no light and no reply,if i take it off and send it you back can i have a full refund then please? thanks:confused:

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
i take it that your not gonna send me a new light for my split charge box then? no light and no reply,if i take it off and send it you back can i have a full refund then please? thanks:confused:
Light was sent a while back for you, I will gladly send another for you special delivery if you havn't received it

P.m sent

I dont often look at all the threads i have on here, If you would like to ask me something you feel is important and requires a quick response then i would suggest a p.m or an email, that way you know i have received your enquiry! And myself or the tech guys will get back to you. Either by return or phone if you leave us your number.

I am here to help no problems whatsoever, but at least give me the chance to help buggygirl

Will

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Light was sent a while back for you, I will gladly send another for you special delivery if you havn't received it

P.m sent

I dont often look at all the threads i have on here, If you would like to ask me something you feel is important and requires a quick response then i would suggest a p.m or an email, that way you know i have received your enquiry! And myself or the tech guys will get back to you. Either by return or phone if you leave us your number.

I am here to help no problems whatsoever, but at least give me the chance to help buggygirl

Will
sorry Will,just havin right time of it recently,too much goin on and not enough time or money to deal with it,(at least you dont have to live with me like Rob does),i`m sorry for any upset that i may of caused.:)

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
how can you connect a house hold socket to this unit anyone got some pictures of it done
this system is for 12v not 240 so you shouldn't be connecting a domestic socket to it.

you could connect an inverter to the leisure battery and connect that to a domestic socket. I added a plug and cable to the back of a socket and plug that into either an inverter, or a camping hookup socket (or an extension lead when at home).

HTH

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi I have fitted one of these units and it is a great bit of kit. What I cannot understand is why the fridge power turns off when you switch the engine off? I never use hookup and only usually wild camp. I say fridge it is actually a 12v cool box, but would I be better off connecting the supply to the fridge to another outlet other than the fridge one? I never turn the isolator switch off, do you need to turn it off ever for safety sake?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi I have fitted one of these units and it is a great bit of kit. What I cannot understand is why the fridge power turns off when you switch the engine off? I never use hookup and only usually wild camp. I say fridge it is actually a 12v cool box, but would I be better off connecting the supply to the fridge to another outlet other than the fridge one? I never turn the isolator switch off, do you need to turn it off ever for safety sake?
Updated about a week later; the fridge/cool box needs wiring into the fridge outlet on consumer unit (whilst driving) otherwise the unit uses so much power that the battery doesn't charge whilst you are driving and yer battery goes flat :( I bet you all knew that :)

161 - 180 of 180 Posts