VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI peeps,

I have a build up of break fluid around the rim on the break fluid reservoir, it's only slight and the breaks work fluid level okay. However where it leaking it's ran and stripped the paint off the servo. It appears to be coming from under the little black plug/bung thing where the needle sits underneath.

Does any one know where you can get the little bung from or what the parts called? Or do you reckon I can just seal it to the reservoir
Thanks in advance.

Gaz

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there

Unfortunately that's the bit between the reservoir and the brake master cylinder - which comes with either a new reservoir or the return kit as you say. What I'm looking for is the rubber bung/cap that sits on top of the reservoir. Mine is split and leaks fluid....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope. If you head back from number 6 towards the number 4 - halfway there is a rubber cap / bung - shown on the diagram but not labelled - that's what's split...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Nope. If you head back from number 6 towards the number 4 - halfway there is a rubber cap / bung - shown on the diagram but not labelled - that's what's split...
Is your reservoir over filled?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts