VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some breakdown cover but I'm totally bamboozled by all of the options and offers available. Just want some peace of mind if I should have a problem with my '96 T4...also need to be sure that they won't have an issue with cover on a panel van. UK travel only.

Who do you recommend and why? How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have aa breakdown, the one that will come out to you, try to fix (but usually cant) take you whereever you need to go, dont have home start, to me a waste of money. but never take the on line price, ALWAYS phone up, the price is always cheaper, especially if you um and ah and say ..... was offering it cheaper, the same with the renewal, wanted 96 or summit silly and phoned them up and said no way, not used all year and you want to charge me more, r u mad? lol, got it for around 65 in the end. dawn

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I got aa relay cover for the van and my car for about £70 from an aa man at my local B&Q. It means if I break down in either they take me home.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i bought the aa one where they cover you as driver or passenger in any vehicle, only problem was i bought it the day after i had a major breakdown 300 miles from home....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do you have any Tesco Clubcard points saved up? If you have, then 51 points will get you Personal Cover (Rescue, Recovery, Home Start & Onward Travel). It covers you in any vehicle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Again, thank you for replying.

Good point about the Clubcard points but I don't have one...but useful for those that have.

After looking at whats available I ended up using one of the cashback sites to sign up with the AA - seemed like a good deal. £99 with a £40 cashback after 90 days = £59...assuming that it pays up ok :gl

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
aa also here
full breakdown personal cover . covers me the mrs and up to 3 motors with parts and labour up to 500 quid 5 times per year . 230 per year which i didnt think was bad for 3 motors plus parts and labour . its their full spec cover T:
kieran

·
Registered
981 Posts
My 1996 van is covered by RAC. Went with them because it covers me, whether I'm driving the van or car. Only called them out once so far when I got a puncture on the van and there were no probs.T:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I had AA breakdown for years but when the renewal came through my bank (Co-op) got in touch ans said that I'm covered through them. They use Green Flag.
Cancelled the AA and have no ideas what the banks covers going to be like yet but saved best part of £120 a year.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hiya- we're with the RAC, covers us both (the missus and me) for any vehicle that we're in, although they do have the details of the three vehicles owned by us too, presumably so that if someone else is driving one of our vehicles, that's covered too. My T4 is well over ten years old, and no quibbles there...

Worth checking the maximum length of the vehicle that they'll accept for recovery; with the RAC, my LWB with towbar was within their maximum vehicle length for standard cover by only 30cm or so by memory; some others may not be accomadating of the extra length (ooo-err missus!).

Cheers, Steve G

1 - 14 of 14 Posts