VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought from eurocarparts and fitted to my T5 reg'n DN64JLV
Brembo Brake Pad (Rear)Product Code: 10144124A
Eurocarparts say they're compatible and they were simple to fit into the caliper but have a look at the photo
of the wear on the disc a week later. It seems to me that they have a smaller surface area than the
previous ones fitted by VW.
A smaller area will be less effective and will wear the disc in an uneven way.
Any views anyone?
Thanks, Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
One of the reasons I avoid eurocarparts whenever I can is because they never carry manufacturer part numbers, instead they quote their own stock number. The first job with any order from them is to cross reference the actual part number on the manufacturer's website to check that I have a part that fits!
Having said that I recently ordered pagid rear brake discs and pads from the eurocarparts ebay site (£50 cheaper than the website) and their sister site carparts4less (£10 cheaper than eurocarparts). On checking the part numbers via the pagid brake book they are correct fitment for my van but when looking at them I did think that the pads seemed narrow for the disc!

Sent from my KOB-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I haven't fitted the parts yet so I dug them out to look at. The reason they seem narrow is because the brake vents 'vent' at the centre of the outside face so the braking surface doesn't go all the way to the centre hub. Pad on braking surface gives a couple of mm's either side.

Sent from my KOB-W09 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts