VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Here's goes.....T:

With my T4 I forgot to start a build thread until too late, so here I go right from the start with my new T5. I:

EX-RAC, 2007, T32, 1.9, 102. (sorry but just love a bright van).

Tomorrow the van goes off to Rising Sun campers for a colour code (front/rear bumpers & wing mirrors).
SO here's the pictures exactly as I got it.

My plan is to convert the van into a full camper conversion.
I will post up more pictures as I go......... :ILU:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well step 2 complete T:
Rear windows fitted all round. I think this has made a big change to the look/style.
Glad I went with sliders.

I would just like to give a VERY BIG thumbs up to DOKTOR GLASS.
They were real good. Completed the windows in 3 hours, and made sure I was happy with the work. They are also very good with the price.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... another good weekend on the van front... T:

Managed to get most of the sound proofing completed "AND" a large amount of insulation work done. T:

Then moved my attention onto the dash. This was left in a terrible state by the guys who ripped out all the ex-rac equipment.
There were big holes everywhere, and brackets that are no longer required. Switch packs riveted to the dash that no longer worked, and the radio in the overhead area by the interior light.

Here's what I have managed to come up with..... what do ya think I:

I am VERY impressed with the SATNAV on this system. It works very well. I just need to upgrade my aerial now :(

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
925 Posts
looks very nice Bri T:

Upgrade your Ariel :eek: anymore ariels on your van and you can have it launched into space as a communication satellite LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know............ LOL:LOL:LOL:
I am going to try and splice into the data aerials, but I have a feeling that the guys who ripped out the van cut the wires too short. :(

BUT - I will not have extra aerials, just replace whats there............
I refuse to remove them - the grandson thinks my van is remote controllllllllll .... .. . .. LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well step 2 complete T:
Rear windows fitted all round. I think this has made a big change to the look/style.
Glad I went with sliders.

I would just like to give a VERY BIG thumbs up to DOKTOR GLASS.
They were real good. Completed the windows in 3 hours, and made sure I was happy with the work. They are also very good with the price.

thanks for your comment glad you were happy with the service good luck with the other changes gareth doktor glass

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sorry people, but I have neglected to take pictures as I was going along.
So much has happened in a short time, I just got in there and started head long...........

I have soundproofed, followed by insulation, followed by Megavanmats wall covering.
Then off went the van for a floor to be laid.
Now I am in the process of installing the units.

I have the extra long trim to add to the rear floor of the van.
Smev sink and cooker unit.
Table rail to install
Night heater for under drivers seat.

Bed should be ready in 2 weeks time.

Will try to be a little better with the picture updates....

1 - 20 of 109 Posts