VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a real loud knocking noise comming from somewhere...On tick over it bangs like a bi:*ch...Put the clutch down...the noise goes away.Cant hear it when driving but take me foot off the pedal noise comes back and i get a vibration through the clutch pedal.....Thrust bearing????.........if so would i need to drop the engine out or can i do it in the van?..If i need to take the engine out wheres the best place to buy a full clutch kit and cambelt as i might as well do that at the same time:ILU:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
going out in the morning to strip the van...someone please assure me that im right in thinking its the clutch:(

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i would go for the clutch if it were me. if your gna do it yourself i can tell you the g,box is a heavy one, id defo recomend getting someone to help you lift it in/out.

after having mine done if i were to do it again it would defo be engine out

good luck T:
andy

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers Guys...Not new to taking out engines and after my mate let go of a box to answer his phone just as i dropped the last bolt....I know they are heavy when they are led across your chest:D

Duel mass Flywheel....i know the T5's have them....would mine on a 2.4D P plate?..hope not!!big penies!:(

Thanks for your help so far GuysT:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts