VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got broken into on Christmas eve and my 20" RS alloys for my van were stolen amongst other things (namely 4 bikes)

If anyone hears of any up for sale le t me know - on the lookout but not hopeful.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Gutted for you, that's rubbish!!! Please tell me they didn't touch the oval?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sorry from the start as I am ed, but we all need to stop using the van as a shed, full of expensive gear, cause the little thieving s find very easy to steal from us,

·
Registered
759 Posts
Flyer - I don't think they were stored in the van, he means broken into house/garage/shed?

This sucks, we keep all our locked up to ground anchors and the wheels get stored in the loft out the way in winter. Hope you had some good insurance.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sometimes I think scumbags trawl these type of forums to see who's got what and if they are local to them you know!
Sorry to hear about that I hope the little s break their neck as if the Police catch them the courts do not do anything ! we gotta be more carfeul. I have stopped using my van as another exstension of the house, couple of weeks ago I had my spare wheel and brand new tyre stolen from under my van when it was on the drive since then I removed everything of value from it, I used to keep bikes, an ice box full of expensive drinks, all my camping gear, spare mobile £200 camera... Not anymore, my partner waned to put all the xmas presie in there till the day I refused.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sorry to hear about that I hope the little s break their neck as if the Police catch them the courts do not do anything ! we gotta be more carfeul. I have stopped using my van as another exstension of the house, couple of weeks ago I had my spare wheel and brand new tyre stolen from under my van when it was on the drive since then I removed everything of value from it, I used to keep bikes, an ice box full of expensive drinks, all my camping gear, spare mobile £200 camera... Not anymore, my partner waned to put all the xmas presie in there till the day I refused.
Sory about spelling the computor keys are now playing up !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Very bad news mate. Hope the insurance sorts you out well.

I realise it sounds like the van wasn't broken into but got me thinking. So how good are the factory alarms? Or what would be a better deterant?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Guted for you,Christmas eve as well,s

I caught some Tw*t trying to hot wire my old T5 on my driveway in Daylight, My adrenaline was pumping so high, I pulled the Cnut from the cab & knocked Him about a bit Well a Lot really whilst My Mrs called the Police.

The Bill were a bit concerned about the cuts he had but said he was a known car thief that always managed to get off.

Not this time, he was in court next Day & was sentanced to Exeter Jail for 3 months.

That will teach him;)

Hope you to can extract some revenge or at least get your bits back?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Gutted to hear it mate, not fun right before crimbo as well. Hope your insurance has it all covered tho!

Got any pictures or details of the bikes and stuff so we can keep an eye out, many of us browse ebay and other sites every now and then and you never know what we might find!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What sort of bikes where they. My mate had 2 mountain bikes stolen, he posted it on singletrack and a couple of weeks later he got a message with "is this your bike" and there it was on a well known auction web site for sale at a well known quick cash shop. So maybe worth putting a message on singletrack as there's a stolen bike section and they all keep a look out and maybe find the scum who think it's theres to take. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts