VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, second thread on this forum. We are mid busking tour in our T4 and heard a rattling under the van over bumps, thought it was the knives and forks in the back, pulled over to find the coil spring had snapped on the rear passenger side and was hanging off the spring. After looking on the forum it seems like a common problem. My question is we're 300 miles from home in Wiltshire and mid busking tour (we are the buskers who randomly found our central station video on this forum after looking for a van) pretty skint and trying to raise money for charity. Is it safe to drive and will it last us another 3 weeks till we go home and can get it fixed, or is it time to call Green Flag? It doesn't seem any lower on one side or driving any different and we only noticed it when we heard the rattling. Any advice is really, really appreciated Helly xx

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
I would not worry too much. As many springs do break a little.

BUT...... It does depend on how broken they are.

But I bet there will be some one on here that could be local ish to you that might have a pair of old springs.

Often in the sales section for about £10.

Fitting is not too hard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for this, I'll have a hunt on the sale section, fingers crossed we can find some, it's about 1 spiral section of the coil that has fallen off x

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had one of mine break a couple of weeks ago...... I replaced them with Vogtland ones ...but I kept the good original one .... It's yours if ya want it ..... Just let me know how to get it to ya...... ( gotta help out fellow broke musicians.... We've all beem there!T:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We've got a radio interview on Weds in Swindon, but could maybe head down to Bristol after that, I've changed my Profile pic to a pic of the snapped off bit as I couldn't upload the pic normally for some reason, give you more of an idea if you reckon it's safe to drive on x thanks again everyone x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts