VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A large van has just driven past my parked bus and broken my wing mirror. The glass is broken and the frame came off and was left in the road. My neighbour saw this happen and took the number of the van which did it.

I know its going to be cheaper in the long run to just replace the glass - but I think the company who owns the van should at least be party to my anger. The problem is, I don't know who they are. My neighbour thinks they may be a kitchen company - in any case the van was newly signwritten - though he didn't catch the name.

Is there any way I could find out? I know I could go through my insurance, but I really don't want to involve them as insurance companies have a nasty way of increasing your premiums even though things are not your fault. Should I inform the police? I really need to just vent at them - its what they deserve!

Via Autotrader I've found out that the van is this one:

RENAULT
MASTER LWB DIESEL
FWDLH35dCi 150
High Roof Van
(ID:20540)
Date of Registration:16 May 2011VIN:VF1*******900
Colour:GREY

Is there any way that I can find out who it is registered with?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right, - i've been down the police station and reported it. They will write to the registered keeper and will ask for information about who was driving it this afternoon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had a similar thing happen and found the only way to get the mirror housing back on was to take it to bits and install the metal internal pivot first.

As a stop gap, I cut some card to match the shape of the mirror. Took the card into Halfords and found the mirror glass that matched it best. I think it was ~£10, peel and stick type. It is still on the van today, months later.

One day I get round to getting the proper replacement off of E-Bay!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts