VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Just purchased a converted T5 (2008). It’s had a brilliant bespoke conversion. However, I am 6ft 6” and I’m struggling for leg room and comfort whilst driving as I can’t get the seat back fair enough (due to the unit behind the drivers seat). Now I thought about trimming the unit behind but it houses the fridge on that same side so I’d only gain a few cm’s at best anyway.

I’m wondering if a bucket type seat would be beneficial as it should give me the option to go lower and as they aren’t as thick with the cushioning compared to the standard type seats, I’m hoping I can go back further - in theory at least!

Anyone else mid 6ft with the same issue thought of some genius way to overcome this? Failing that, any bucket seats that we know fit onto the current rails without too much work?

Also want an arm rest as it’s driving me crazy so any decent ones to look out for?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,535 Posts
Welcome aboard Pat (y)

There are members on here over 6ft so I'm sure they'll be along to help. I fitted mf7 golf seats into my T5, needed to make some extensions as the rails were wider than the T5 seat bases, no great hassle really. The seats have vertical adjustment like all car seats so can allow for the longer legged people.

You can fit almost any seat...within reason and space allowing of course.

I looked into bucket seats but decided against as comfort would likely be compromised unless you're will to shell out £1k on Recaro CS's which are popular amongst conversion companies.

Can you get bucket seats with armrests?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts