VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Can anyone recommend somewhere who could supply and fit front buckets for my 14 plate t5?

Looking for something adjustable in leather that I can match a rock n roll bed to and will fit on a swivel plate (driver and passenger)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I had been looking into something like these, then fit myself by making rails. Only thing is I wasn't sure comfy they would be so opted for my golf seats.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
As above, I'd look at something out of a performance Golf/Audi etc. Standard GTI/R/RS/S seats are decent, will be leather with all the adjustment etc but if you can then many came with optional wingbars by Recaro which will be ready trimmed in leather. Other option which lots of people have done are use Recaros from a Vauxhall Corsa VXR. They can be picked up pretty cheap, moreso if they're knackered but they're easily trimmed and fitted to swivels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As above, I'd look at something out of a performance Golf/Audi etc. Standard GTI/R/RS/S seats are decent, will be leather with all the adjustment etc but if you can then many came with optional wingbars by Recaro which will be ready trimmed in leather. Other option which lots of people have done are use Recaros from a Vauxhall Corsa VXR. They can be picked up pretty cheap, moreso if they're knackered but they're easily trimmed and fitted to swivels.
Hi DaveyB thanks 👍. Was looking at VXR and focus RS seats which are easy to get hold of which is good and they look pretty smart tbf (would want them re trimmed to bin off the logo though)

Any ideas where to go to get them fitted properly ? I carry the wife and kids and want the safety stuff done by the professionals 👌

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had been looking into something like these, then fit myself by making rails. Only thing is I wasn't sure comfy they would be so opted for my golf seats.
I know what you mean - I want something safe and comfy (but def not as flat as the standard seats !)

Love the look of my seats but I’d be as well going round corners sat on a crate for all the support that’s on offer, I want to sit in something which hugs me a bit - I blame it on a sad childhood 😂😂

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
My van came with some knackered saab seats, so when going round a roundabout I'd nearly end up on the handbrake :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts