VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce an additional seat into my current configuration which consists of the standard single and 2 seater front seats and a 2 seater 3/4 size rock and roll bed with belts. I also have a set of units to run along the offside on order.

I'm hoping to put some sort of buddy seat or temporary seat behind the passenger seat which I expect to be rear facing , I also need it to be removeable without too much effort too.

I'm not sure if this is posssible to achieve either legally or more importantly with safety in mind , so if anyone has done anything like it I'd be very grateful to hear or see some pictures

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would like to introduce an additional seat into my current configuration which consists of the standard single and 2 seater front seats and a 2 seater 3/4 size rock and roll bed with belts. I also have a set of units to run along the offside on order.

I'm hoping to put some sort of buddy seat or temporary seat behind the passenger seat which I expect to be rear facing , I also need it to be removeable without too much effort too.

I'm not sure if this is posssible to achieve either legally or more importantly with safety in mind , so if anyone has done anything like it I'd be very grateful to hear or see some pictures

Thanks in advance
It should be possible to fit a single midrow kombi seat behind the passenger seat. You would need a genuine rhd single Kombi seat , 4 kombi quick release floor brackets and also a seatbelt fixed to the rear nearside pillar. The seat would be forward facing only and tips forward to allow access into the rear. It is also removeable. I think it would need to be removed to allow your rear bed to be folded down.
Hope this helps.
Colin.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have seen single fold up rear facing seats on eBay. Often come out of a Taxi Spec Bus.
They Bolt in and take very little room. Seat belts are usually attached to the seat frame.
So they are out there and sound ideal for your requirements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts