VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys, bit baffled.
Just removed the RCD200 expecting to slot in the new pioneer beasty.
Errrr No.
Some sort of OEM adaptor with 3 main connector blocks in, plus a funky ariel connector.

So next question, what do i need, and where do i get it- driving to Germany in 2 days!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
OK Guys, bit baffled.
Just removed the RCD200 expecting to slot in the new pioneer beasty.
Errrr No.
Some sort of OEM adaptor with 3 main connector blocks in, plus a funky ariel connector.

So next question, what do i need, and where do i get it- driving to Germany in 2 days!!!:eek:

I had the same problem. Stereo Steve sorted me out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whom is this stereo steve you speak of?

I spoke with a gent from NI car audio after reading a thread by 'Milko' and he said that a Connects2 'CTS-VW002' will do the job nicely, all the connections are there for switched live, speed pulse reverse input etc are built in.

Paul- I picked up a similar unit last night by 'Autoleads'- yes it connects, but I have no desire to have a flat battery in the morning- it doesnt do switched live, stays on all the time- I'd rather get an all in one solution.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Search for him on here. He runs inks audio in Northampton.
We did have to run an extra lead to the fuse box for ignition on power I think.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Whom is this stereo steve you speak of?

I spoke with a gent from NI car audio after reading a thread by 'Milko' and he said that a Connects2 'CTS-VW002' will do the job nicely, all the connections are there for switched live, speed pulse reverse input etc are built in.

Paul- I picked up a similar unit last night by 'Autoleads'- yes it connects, but I have no desire to have a flat battery in the morning- it doesnt do switched live, stays on all the time- I'd rather get an all in one solution.
The red wire from the new connector loom needs to be wired to a ignition source. Easyest place is the back of the headlight switch. You need to connect it to the black wire with a yellow trace.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All sorted!!
So for those of you with a Canbus T5 wanting to install a decent stereo

THIS is what I used, very plug and play.

works a treat

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi mate, you also need a 'Fakra' arial connector.

Have tot it up and running now, however having an issue with video at the mo- wont display!

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Best place for an ignition on is here, this stays live until you remove the key

Behind this fuse

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers mate, although I do fancy linking it to the Leisure batt at some point so I dont have to have the ignition on

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
May well have one at some point- until then, is that wire green & brown? Viewing on phone so not ideal quality

·
Registered
122 Posts
would you need to do much to fit a bluetooth hands free kit?

i to am about to fit a poineer double din but wanted to fit a parrot c3100 aswel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts