·
Banned
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Contents:
Page 1 - Van bought for £850 but needin alot of tlc - 21/04/11
page 1 - Wheels bought jaguar dimples fully polished - 22/04/11
Page 2 - Garrett T15 turbo bought to replace knackered one - 24/04/11
Page 3 - van booked in with the steve's at vw connections for the 13th may for the turbo sorting - 28/04/11
Page 4 - 195/45/16 tyres fitted to the jag rims - 28/04/11
Page 5 - Custom PCD adapters ordered arrive tuesday - 05/05/11
Page 7 - Custom PCD adapters have arrived..... also bought C pillar seat belt bracket - 12/05/11
Page 8 - Water leak fixed, lowered van on corsa springs 110mm and jag wheels fitted!! - 14/05/11
Page 10 - Badgeless grill, LHD wing mirror fitted and clear lights fitted - 15/05/11
Page 14 - Aggie at vw connection deliveres the killer blow that the engine is goosed - 24/05/11
Page 16 - P reg mk3 golf TDi donor car bought 107k - 28/05/11
Page 16 - TDi conversion really kicks up a gear - 01/06/11
Page 17 - TD engine stripped down awating to be removed, side exit exhaust fitted and plenty of rot found. - 02/06/11
Page 17 - TDi wiring loom get installed, TDi ECU mounted, T4 TD engine out, TDi engine being built back up - 03/06/11
Page 18 - TDi engine in and running, custom sump gaurd made and rot on passenger arch welded and sealed - 09/06/11
Page 18 - Mercedes FMIC and hoses arrive and all fitted, boost gauge and volt meter fitted, 5th gear mod completed from TDI - 12/06/11
Page 19 - Major suspension work carried out to get her lower, underneath cleaning for undersealing - 15/06/11
Page 19 - Undersealed on rear half of van, and top half has been fully cleaned ready for underseal - 16/06/11
Page 19 - Aggie makes custom shortened drop links, also new handbrake cable fitted and new metal water pipe fitted to engine - 16/06/11
Page 20 - New front shocks fitted, short shift mod done - 16/06/11
Page 22 - Ford probe seats fitted from rattie to new one new track rod ends and trail arms arrived - 18/06/11

Introduction:

so then, went van hunting and have been for the last few weeks to be fair.

so after a while, i found one close to me (falmouth) on ebay... but it wasn't until i went to vw connections and steve told me where it was parked... off i drove and boom there it was,

got the guy to come up chatted poop for a bit and swaped 850 sheets.... jobs done

P reg - 130k 1.9TD

just had a re-spray but it's being sprayed again in 3/4 weeks time in ford RS purple pearl... already booked in yewwwww

few issue's at the minute, the turbo's gone, needs a back box (i already have a side exit exhaust system) windscreen FUBARD and it has no mot, first things first really, get the turbo sorted and mot, and then shes a runner n leagal! boom time! then just swap all the other "usefull" parts from the dog and puttin it into this one

so, straight on ebay, and 125 notes later got myself a garrett T15 turbo ready to go.... just await delivery etc!!

so anyway enough jibber jabber.... here's some pics....

PS... THIS IS STAYIN SHINEY SHINEY

:ILU:A:

·
Registered
146 Posts
This is gonna be good. If it turns out anywhere near as good a read as the last build thread then happy days - just off to stock up on a few crates of cider in anticipation!! T:

·
Banned
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers fellas :)

well the first thing i'll be doing is swappin my springs over and lowering it.

then, onto the seats they will be getting puttin as well, then the double seat base will be put in the back and i will build my bed / interior from there on.....

i have some bits left over from the other van, this includes a de-badged grill, custom front spoiler / apron and some M3 style'd rear lights....

plus... these beautys are in my shed......

fully machine polished jag rims yewwwwwwwwwwwww A: T:

the plan roughly is to go ford RS purple and lots of shiney shiney things :)

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Nice van mate, do yourself a favor though and get the engine fully checked out before all the cosmetic stuff commences. You have surely read about the common problems with crank sprockets chewing up and destroying engines so this should be a priority. I wish i knew about the issues when i got my bus, it would have saved me a lot of money and heart ache T:T:T:

·
Banned
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice van mate, do yourself a favor though and get the engine fully checked out before all the cosmetic stuff commences. You have surely read about the common problems with crank sprockets chewing up and destroying engines so this should be a priority. I wish i knew about the issues when i got my bus, it would have saved me a lot of money and heart ache T:T:T:
well the bus is booked in the vw connections (well it will be when the turbo arrives) to get fixed and i'm sure the fellas there will be all over it like a rash.... plus it also needs an MOT so fingers crossed it should all be good

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
well the bus is booked in the vw connections (well it will be when the turbo arrives) to get fixed and i'm sure the fellas there will be all over it like a rash.... plus it also needs an MOT so fingers crossed it should all be good
Glad to hear it mate, Steve knows what he is looking for that's for sure T:T:T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Bit clean for you aint it ;)

Nice one mate.. Be good to see this one unfold.. Rims look very tasty indeed A:

:ILU:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Is that a typo? £850? how you found a van that cheap? well done looks a really good base will keep an eye out for updatesA:

·
Banned
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that a typo? £850? how you found a van that cheap? well done looks a really good base will keep an eye out for updatesA:
nope, thats the price mate, 850 buddy. it needs MOT - tax a windscreen and a turbo.

so when you add that lot up, it works out about 1200 ish i would of thought.

i was thinking tho, if i get fully comp insurance, i can get the windscreen replaced on my insurance can't i?? simples!!!!!

it's all ply-lined in the back to all i gotta do is carpet it. jobs a good un!!

can't wait to get started.....

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Even so mate a straight van for 1200 quid is good going, and especially when youver got goodies already for it. :ILU:

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.