Original Pics from the Dealership. I guess its never going to look better than these, in terms of polish and paintwork.
This is the Build thread for my new joy, currently named - Prudence. I have to say, the name is still under some debate. If this were a baby, we're probably at the 3x month stage, of discussing names, so its not gelled yet. I was considering "The Spirit of Prudence", but that would require a tone of "irony", because I feel like I'm splashing out and indulging myself here.
But the name is in honour of where the money came from. It was a nice long contract of work, which allowed the funding of this camper dream. So in honour of Prudential, I want to get "Prudence", into the name.
The name was going to be Silver Surfer or Silver Steed, but I missed closing the deal on the Silver van by 1 day!#! . Yes, there a bit of a back story to that, so ask me someday.
The aim is to keep the van for work use. But its also going to be put to a multitude of other uses. It replaces my old Citroen Synergie People carrier, so a Kombi was a good option.
- Carrying boxes etc for ICT installation work/exhibitions,
- Family/People carrier,
- Windsurfing day van,
- Trips to the Mountains,
And my ultimate dream is to spend many happy days by the beaches of Bordeaux, and other travels across Europe to get to interesting lakes, mountains and festivals.
So the principle behind the interior design are, flexibility, and ability to take everything out and get back to a basic van.
At the moment, main aims/projects are:-
- Webbing slings to suspend boards + sails under roof,
- Extra power - USB/Cigarette/leisure battery,
- Lights [don't want to use a headtorch a year from now],
- Cooking pod or crates to carry my existing camping stoves + cook set,
- Hammock/camping cot,
- 3/4 Rock N Roll bed [trips with wife],
- Roof fixings/Roof bars for Bushcraft Tarps to side/tailgate,
Nice to have list:-
- Probably nice sound in back,
More later, as it happens.
Best regards, Bill