VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought for £550.....2000 91k 2 owners..............a proper builders van..........Bargain!!
Im planning a camper conversion,this is my first conversion so im a bit clueless as to what units to use or build, and the best and easiest way to do things inside, so any comments or ideas would be appreciated.Being a paint sprayer the bodywork and paint isn't a problem..........but thats a long way off yet,first to tackle the muck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beyond cleaning..........

Decided to remove the dash and paint satin black..........along with everything else!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dash wasn't to bad to take out the only hard bit was getting the heater control wires off and remembering that there is a bolt under the bonnet holding the dash in,because of the state of the dash i bought a replacement,painted it black then fitted it! i've also painted door cards and covered the top part in acoustic carpet T:...........will add some photos for you later!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great looking base T: other than a camper conversion what other plane do you have for it..

also how was the dash to take out, i`v done everything else black in mine just not the dash yet.
Im not sure yet.....bodykit or not????????? colour???????????
check out my other album the lwb i built a couple of years back,didnt get to finish the interior,because of a moaning other half so sold it................then got shot of her :D!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ive loads more photos but for some reason they wont upload :blg :bhd

Dash is now back in which was a lot easier than taking it out :) , a few bits to put back in the cab to make it drivable as need to use it on a daily basis, I also got some alloys off ebay for not a bad price just need painting and new tyres, have also lowered the van and it looks so much better.....

Will be starting bodywork prep shortly, still not sure what colour yet!!!!
Have gone from Pearl White to Volvo Saffron Orange back to Pearl White and now back to Saffron again... HELPPPPPP! :confused:

more photos to follow when they eventually decide to upload or maybe need new camera!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts