VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm up to speed on the two by two animal loading policy, but what sort of wood do I need? Anyone know where I can find a ring tailed lemur? No shortage of cats and dogs at the moment.

Genuine replies only - no time wasters please.

·
Registered
924 Posts
problem with wood is it takes time to swell up to get water tight and prone to leaks, better off building in ali cos by the time you put your animals in it, it will be heavy anyway! (plus think of the trees you'll save)

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Lemur's are native to Madagascar, so you could try there, i am sure there are loads...

As for the wood i would suggest something well seasoned the last thing you want to have to deal with is the twisting and distorting of young wood.

See the detailed blueprints for my last ark, you can use it is you like.

·
Registered
121 Posts
try whispnade zoo for lemurs. you can go in with them at the new enclosure so just take a shopping bag & liberate a few

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
ensure the woods presure treated and coated with anti vandal paint this will stop barnicalls from hiching a ride

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
arnt lemurs those things that spit any how ive got a parrot if you need one T:

·
Registered
7 Posts
This isn't a good idea. A very distant relative of mine tried it, apparently all the animals died or ate each other and he just ended up on the top of a mountain somewhere. You should just go on the Norfolk Broads in a rented boat.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I gotta couple of C0CKS ya can have........I'm sure Morris n Hendrix would luv a wee boat trip :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts