VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

bulb warning light

577 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  DoubleA 
#1 · (Edited)
just bought genuine t6.1 rear light clusters which I'm assuming has standard bulbs,I have fit them to my 5.1 everything fine except when you brake the warning light comes on am I missing something. I know led's can cause problems so thats why I was going for original units.
Cheers

#7 ·
Taken from the ebay listing for these -
"Please note: We have found some models of transporters bring up the error code when you put your foot on the brake to stop this you must have it coded out on vagcom " .

i'd double check the pin outs are correct and then if theyre still not right resign yourself to either having them coded out or adding load resistors in .

#8 ·
Taken from the ebay listing for these -
"Please note: We have found some models of transporters bring up the error code when you put your foot on the brake to stop this you must have it coded out on vagcom " .

i'd double check the pin outs are correct and then if theyre still not right resign yourself to either having them coded out or adding load resistors in .
I noticed that the 6.1 uses w style bulbs at 16watt obviously the 5.1 is the common 21/4watt stop/tail type so I thought if I got 21watt w style this would sort out the issue,but alas it hasn't.
So when you say check wiring what do I check seeing as all the lights work exactly how they should??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.