VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a t5 with a standard solid bulkhead in it. Haven't had the van too long but noticed when buying it that the seat wouldn't go back as far as I would like it. Didn't think anything of it but have recently noticed I am getting really bad pains in my right leg when driving distances from having to sit that one or two clicks to close to the steering wheel!
I have done a quick search online looking for a bulkhead I could buy that gives you a bit extra leg room but cant find anything.
I'm not the tallest around, probably six foot on the dot!

I used to own another t5 which had a wooden made bulkhead on it and that was fine.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Hi,
I'm 6'2" and have bottom half of bulkhead still fitted. My kitchen pod is bolted to it thinking it would be safer that way.
Anyway, similar issues as yourself, so I've raised the driver seat a little more than I would like but it does go back slightly further.
Maybe you could use spacers and longer bolts all round so that the whole thing moves back an inch? Too late for me as the the kitchen pod is exact size and the RnR slides up to it with about 1/4 inch spare.
Worth checking out maybe!
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts