VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T:I want to put a bulkhead in my T4, but I want to be able to remove it easy. Ive looked at the prices and have decided to make my own out of wood. I need it to have a window at top to see from cab to rear window. Has anyone done this, and how do I go about making one, not sure where it needs to be fixed onto. Anyone got any pics of any they have made.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi, to start with .where abouts in the van are you putting the bulkhead -ie behind the drivers seat area or further back,secondly what do you need the bulkhead to hold up/hold back etc. the only issue I can see with using wood is what would it do in the event of an accident,the main thing you dont want is for anything to move.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate
The bulkhead will go behind the front seats. We use the van at the moment for clearing out furniture from my late mums house, but we also use it to take our 2 dogs in. So really it would just need to keep the dogs out of the cab area. Also it would help reduce noise from back.:grphg

·
Registered
582 Posts
There's loads of posts of people removing bulkheads along with guides, so I guess yours would just be the reverse of this for fitting one. You may even be able to get a metal one for the cost of a few beers if someone is removing one on here for a conversion. Why not try a wanted ad?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just put mine in yesterday, made a mess of the first one and then an okay job of the second one. Still I am going to make another one just to get it right. But I have the Okay job one in it at the moment, I found I had to step back from the seats 2 inch and then go straight up. Its well worth doing, i was driving around last night and its as quite as a car now I love it.

Use a old coat hanger to get the shape of the van and then put it onto the ply, I was only told to do this after my second attempt of the bulkhead.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you got a pic of your bulkhead you made. What fixings did you use, and how did you fix it. Sorry for all the questions, but im a bit of a newbie to this.A:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thats the other thing i have not yet sealed the Blukhead to the roof, At the moment i have ducktape running the whole way around. But tomo i should let you all know how i fixed it :D Ill get photos too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts