VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been busy today trimming the bump stops to allow a little more travel.
Iv took about 20mm off the rubber

Then iv took the metal pipe down to the lip that holds the rubber in.

Iv also moved this cable as I felt it was too close for comfort

Hope this helps a few people.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So does this help anyone? 44 views and no comments. Too many people just looking on here these days......LOL:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi dun ,
Do you need shorter rear shocks ?
I'm running v max at the mo T:
I got some shorter shocks made by gaz due to my van been sat on the bump stops and the shock been fully compressed. Have a crawl under the van and have a look and see what your state of play is. I used my iphone camera so get a good look. Try and see if your bump stops are resting on the lower metal part in the middle of the spring and have a look at your shock to see if there is any travel left in it. I should add that mine are fully compressed as there are no adjusters at the top of the springs just rubbers top and bottomT:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dunc you need to learn how to cut straight pal..... Rasp:LOL:
I knew id get pulled up about that LOL: It looked ok when I did it but it does look bad in the pic. ill put it doen to the van been up high on the jackI: And im sure ill be under there again when the weather warms up:D

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dunc
So how do I lower the front to match I've done the hub mod :*
What set up are you using? If you ve done the hub mod and on springs/coils fully wound down the only other option would be some turret raises. Bumble has done these.T:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
this is handy dunc , will keep this in mind when I remove the adjusters
j

·
Previously; Trikemania
351 Posts
Thanks a bunch guys

I'm ok and the brain (which sleeps most of the time) has agreed with me, you certainly know your stuff,

What I cannot get me 'ead round is what springs 'lowering height' are you starting with?

What have I to play with from standard un adulterated 2006 lwb

just started, with clean EGR, dpf delete, and nice stainless exhaust, stripped out the bulkhead and back, so lots to think about,:*

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a bunch guys

I'm ok and the brain (which sleeps most of the time) has agreed with me, you certainly know your stuff,

What I cannot get me 'ead round is what springs 'lowering height' are you starting with?

What have I to play with from standard un adulterated 2006 lwb

just started, with clean EGR, dpf delete, and nice stainless exhaust, stripped out the bulkhead and back, so lots to think about,:*
Started off with coilovers. If that's what your asking?

·
Previously; Trikemania
351 Posts
Sorry Dun,

got arm in sling just now, and I cannot cope with the left hand :(
now got v-max's all the way down, but the van rides like I have solid springs, nice in corners though.

will try to re think wot I meant later, thanks for all the help, (its the pain in me right arm)

(perhaps I need softer springs, or are they all the same? LWB,2006)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have you tried adjusting the dampening settings? I'm sure they have adjustable settings.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry Dun,

got arm in sling just now, and I cannot cope with the left hand :(
now got v-max's all the way down, but the van rides like I have solid springs, nice in corners though.

will try to re think wot I meant later, thanks for all the help, (its the pain in me right arm)

(perhaps I need softer springs, or are they all the same? LWB,2006)
Sounds like you have it set so low that there is no suspension travel left, it's probably sat on the bumpstops. No point cutting bumpstops unless for some reason your damper is not using full stroke when bumpstop is fully compressed. If you cut them it will just smash the damper internals metal to metal at full stroke. They are the suspensions last line of defence. Dun has specially shortened dampers so is cutting his to match the new working range. Suspect he is also using offset bushes etc to get the tracking somewhere close.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So does this help anyone? 44 views and no comments. Too many people just looking on here these days......LOL:
Hi Dun,
I notice you have the antiroll bar undone, do you have to do that to enable spring removal?, managed to get the old spring out, just, but struggling to get the new one in!.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Nick.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts