VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the interests of fair trading for all traders on the forum , i would love to see the habit of `bump' or `up we go I: ' stopped , people come to the site looking for information and feedback on items and services offered , if you have someting constructve to say on your thread ,for gods sake SAY IT !. bump or up we go means absolute nothng , if we all took this playground attitude on our own threads then it wouldnt take long to glog up the forum with meaningless dribble. for the serious traders out there this is not a dig at you guys . rant over , ade :*

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Unfortunately I think the practise is maintained because of the ( as you say) meaningless drivell that is sometimes posted on this forum. I pay £24 a month to advertise my business , fairly discretely compared to some may I add, and get annoyed by the repetitive threads on wheels, how do I, and other related threads that have been covered and mostly stickied.......

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Oh and forgot to add the traders that conveinently forget to renew their subs but still plug their wares, or those that never bother in the first place.....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers chippy. I hear what you saying wickedtintz.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Glad you said it Ade, but I have been thinking it for a couple of weeks, but generally dont like to kick up a fuss.
There are traders who have a lot to sell, and if thats the case and they keep getting questions on their thread, then its good business for them and a good opportunity to respond to the thread therefore putting it back to the top. If you havent got any interest in your advert then you could always post some new and informative posts adding to what you already have done....if you really want to, but bumping etc isnt really a nice way of doing it (IMHO). We all pay and its difficult to pick on an action by certain traders as they are just trying to maintain a profile which lets face it is important. I am however surprised that this hasnt been mentioned by members in the general forum section as it cant be going unnoticed.

Im like wickedtintz and probably post adverts less frequently and have resisted responding to my one advert as it was only a fellow trader wishing me a happy new year and I thought in the light of my feelings on bumping ads I would not post just to get mine back to the topI:.

Anyway I hope that this gets the message across that its not good forum protocol and no hard feelings to anyone who feels its aimed at them........obviously it is;), but better to have a nudge from your fellow traders before suffering the wrath of the forum massive as that can happen now and again and its not very forgiving (not so bad on this forum thankfully).

Ed

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we can live in hope , its good to read threads of traders whether they are repling to questions or answering comments , it would also be good if like facebook yo can go through your own thread and remove comments or `bumps' if you've used them.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i also pay the same as you...and only have 2 large threads running in the trader section,wheels and tyres...are you saying i am not allowed to bump them to the top every now and then!..:confused:
no buddy , what im saying is , adds that have bugger all on them but are constantly `bump' to the top of a section with no information being added , just to be at the top of the section. T:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Totally agree

If we are talking adverts and you want your ad at the top, post some pics or more info. I think it looks desperate if it just gets a bump.

But if we are talking the constant repetattive questions I think that's part of it really. The forum is all about helping like minded people and showing what you have done. Some questions can be answered just by having a look round but new people asking a question is part of it to me. As a trader I try to answer questions if I can and perhaps that will lead to work coming my way but more importantly it's helping with projects.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Totally agree

If we are talking adverts and you want your ad at the top, post some pics or more info. I think it looks desperate if it just gets a bump.

But if we are talking the constant repetattive questions I think that's part of it really. The forum is all about helping like minded people and showing what you have done. Some questions can be answered just by having a look round but new people asking a question is part of it to me. As a trader I try to answer questions if I can and perhaps that will lead to work coming my way but more importantly it's helping with projects.
i agree mate...

thats just how a forum is going to be...i answer the same questions all the time,but i see that as giving some thing back for the work that will sometimes come out of it...

some people are new,and just post these questions..sometimes through laziness and sometimes due to being new...

bugs me when people pick your brains through loads of pm's and then go off and sort themselves,but i suppose thats part of it..if you dont help,you dont know if it could lead to a sale..:ILU:

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
Totally agree

Yes i think Ade was just on about a few who just put BumpI: in their post, with no info at all. It definitely gets up my nose too:eek:
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bleeding comedians all of ya. lol , careful puttng that pic up , forever young will be on here with his box of kleenex tissues . lol ( only joking chas )

1 - 20 of 23 Posts