VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

anyone any pics & advice on whether/how much maybe of the inside bumper they had to cut away to fit there IC ?? iam ready for fitting ours but it looks like iam going to have to cut quite abit of the inside polystyrene stuff away,,the cooler Ive got is quite a chunky thing 5 to 6" deep plus the outlet pipes come out like on a radiator & not out the sides,,i don't really want it hanging out the front of the bumper i would of preferred to cut a big type letter box & do some kinda grill jobby,,,,,so as many pics as poss peeps please,,,"Bumper ones;)T::)thanks guys

10,824 Posts
If you look at the photos on your previous thread the intercooler i fitted into bumper was hung on some angled brackets so didn't have to touch the polystyrene just cut a big chunk out of the belly pan. I know mine is a 2.5 but fitting the ic is the same in principle. If you want photos i can go and take some for you....have you got any pics of yours to compare the size? T:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look at the photos on your previous thread the intercooler i fitted into bumper was hung on some angled brackets so didn't have to touch the polystyrene just cut a big chunk out of the belly pan. I know mine is a 2.5 but fitting the ic is the same in principle. If you want photos i can go and take some for you....have you got any pics of yours to compare the size? T:
yeah its in my public view,,the intercooler outlet is touching the alternator

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No idea mate! the outlets have to point backwards to allow the air to flow over the fins, so have no idea, good luck! T:
,,,,,wires crossed mate the fins are facing the correct way its the outlets or inlets eg: what the rubber cooler pipes go on

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
What engine are you running 2.5 0r 1.9 to a point it dont matter plenty of room under bumper for a small/medium IC will need to cut engine under shield for pipe routing.......

full hard pipe kit solution coming soon...................

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
having the same problemm think gazzagee has done the under the exisitng bumper ic,.

10,824 Posts
that's what i mean, because yours is so deep and the inlets/outlets facing backwards, think you might have to have the ic protruding through your bumper, busby on here has quite good photos of a bumper installation

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What engine are you running 2.5 0r 1.9 to a point it dont matter plenty of room under bumper for a small/medium IC will need to cut engine under shield for pipe routing.......

full hard pipe kit solution coming soon...................
,,,hi buddy says it under my user name,,,1.9TD ABLT:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
having the same problemm think gazzagee has done the under the exisitng bumper ic,.
,,,,might stick it on ebay & get a small or medium size i could probs fit it but i don't really want it hanging out the front bumper,,shame cause its a brand new range rover sport one,,T:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts