VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for somewhere/someone that could replace the bumpers on my 2000 T4. Ideally looking for somewhere local to Swindon (within about 30 miles).

Also there are a few rust patches just starting to appear that I'd like nipped in the bud - similar recommendations please!

Any help appreciated..

Cheers

Mark

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,124 Posts
What ones are you after?
Textured black or colour coded?

Neither are easy/cheap to get hold of, most buy "used" on ebay or from the classifieds ads section on here.

Changing them is a DIY job....Saturday afternoon type.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking the textured black ones as my van is red and hardly any of the panels really match colour-wise anymore anyway.

So it is as simple as making sure I get the correct bumpers for my van, a few bolts/screws here and there, job done? (that's about the limit of my DIY skills LOL:

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,124 Posts
Front bumper is 2 bolts behind the number plate, and "slide fittings" at the sides. (Some also have a metal bar to the bottom...one "rusty"nut each side)

On the rear, the only "problem" ones can be the centre ones near the catch....as the floor panel can cover them.
Just look for any screws/nuts, undo them, and it should pull off....remember the fog light wiring!

·
Full of Cr*p....
9,124 Posts
As I said, not difficult! (Only problem can be those 2 bolts at the back).
If you go look at your van, you'll see the 2 I mean.....near the tailgate catch.

Also, easier if you have 2 people to "wiggle" the bumpers from each side...but I've done it on my own before.T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts