VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some new bumpers, front and back to replace the scuffed old ones. My van is an ex AA with some sort of jump start thingy sticking out the front right side and the back, how hard is this to get rid off?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Think u slipped this in the wrong section mate, but as an alternative to new bumpers there is a place in cardiff the boys use to colour code there bumpers they have a good reputation and resonable price to. Sure someone will be along with the details soon if ur interested. :ILU:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The AA jump points are dead easy to get rid of......

At the front end, follow the earth lead from the jump point up to the fixing point (normally under the n/s wheel arch beside the fuel filter and unbolt. Then follow the positive lead up to near the battery and disconnect from the relay.

Ditto the rear, ie follow and disconnect (if you take out the heavy duty battery cable - keep it, don't bin it - it's a fortune.

If you want take the whole lot out completely, you will have a switch on the dash marked something like winch/jump points (depending on year). follow the wires back to the relay located somewhere near the battery and disconnect / take out the whole lot.

If you need any more specific guidance, I'm on my third AA van so just AAsk

LOL:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts